Thursday, February 25, 2010

Painting a wren



6 x 7 Oil/Panel

In my bid to find time to paint, I decided to do some smaller paintings, little gems (I hope!), as Deborah Paris calls them, at night when my Dad is sleeping. Of course I am completely exhausted, but mentally feel more satisfied. Hopefully I can sell these on my blog. This is how the first one went last night, painting a familiar subject for safety reasons! I am not a 'painting a day' painter. I don't think I can avoid glazing which is what I find so wonderful about oil painting, but hopefully these will be more direct and small! Will post the next stage hopefully soon.

1 comment:

Deborah Paris said...

Thanks for the mention Lynne. I am glad to see you are getting a little work done. This little guy will indeed be a little gem. Hope you are holding up ok. Steve had a long chat with Barry the other day on the phone. Everyone misses you!