Saturday, September 10, 2011

Back in Lincolnshire for a while


Wicken Fen Sunset
12 x 16 Oil/Linen panel


My Dad's pond


My Dad's apple tree

I am back in Lincolnshire for a few days having delivered my paintings to the Blackheath gallery, and Barry to the airport. It feels good to have got the paintings done, not so good to be saying goodbye to Barry though. Still, things have calmed down a little for a while. I am working on two pieces for the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum's Small Works Great Wonders Winter sale. I had hoped to give them to Barry to take back, but I just couldn't manage to get them finished. I hate working under so much pressure that I feel totally panicked. Next week I become a part time student, which is quite nerve-wracking. I hope I am not the oldest in my class!

Before dinner last night I mowed my Dad's lawn. Half way through I became quite weak with hunger!!!... so I picked an apple from one of his apple trees. There is nothing quite like the experience of plucking an apple from a tree and eating it right there and then!

No comments: