Sunday, October 16, 2011

Printmaking

Last week we had a Relief Printing demonstration given to us by our teacher/technician, John Williams, who is an accomplished printmaker.   It is so exciting to witness all the possibilities.  I learn something new each week.   Below are a few photos, one of John's woodcut and some books he had laid out for us to peruse.  I have also included some sketches of Wicken Fen.

Barry's show was on Friday and on Saturday he sold 5 paintings, so that's a good start! 







4 comments:

Deborah Paris said...

Oh, what fun! love the sketches too. I am hoping to get back to printmaking this winter.

Great news about Barry's show!

Lynne E. Windsor said...

Thanks Deborah.... having done the sketches and had my tutorial I am now drawing bees! Where will it all end I wonder? I bet you are salivating over the size of the press! Yes, it is very good news about Barry's show. It makes it all worthwhile, doesn't it?

Katherine Kean said...

All those books to look at - must be inspiring and beautiful drawings - love the expressive marks.

Congratulations to Barry - way to go!

Lynne E. Windsor said...

Thanks Katherine.. Barry was very happy.. me too!