I have also been experimenting with photo etching. Here is my latest print. The image came from focusing in on one of my drypoints, and enlarging a small area. I drew the image onto drafting film with lithographic crayon and lots of charcoal and graphite. It was then exposed onto a copper plate, which I had previously rolled with photo sensitive emulsion. The plate is developed in Sodium Bicarbonate and warm water and hardened with UV light. After this I put an aquatint over the whole plate, and put it in the ferric, and stopping out various areas with Brunswick varnish to create the different tones. I have to say that the emulsion did not set properly so some of it peeled off but I decided to go with the happy accident and rather like the effect.
|Photo etch 3 - 25 x 25 cm|