Saturday, August 25, 2012

Catching Up.. again!

This last month has been so thrilling for us Brits.  For someone who likes just a small amount of sport I was surprisingly enthralled by the Olympics.  I wasn't fortunate enough to have been able to attend, but I listened to it avidly on the radio whilst I painted with the odd mad dash to switch the TV on when it all became too exciting to hold a paintbrush steady!

Above is a photo of a gathering at Kettles Yard and the church next door to ring in the Olympics.  It seems such a long time ago, and now it's all over I feel strangely bereft.  Still, we have the Paralympics to look forward to.

I have been posting a lot on my Facebook Painter and Printmaker site, (please 'like' if you haven't already!) which seems easier somehow and I will try not to be too repetitive.  

Since my first year is now over I have been catching up on my painting and am back at Dad's for a while.  His house is beginning to look like a studio!  (Hello Dad!).  I have been down to the marsh and back to Wicken Fen again trying to decide on what to do next year.  There is so much to inspire that I find it hard to settle upon one thing.  


Frampton Marsh
Wicken Fen continues to capture my imagination and I spent a very misty, then hot day there (11 hours in total) sketching and painting.

Early mist, Wicken Fen

I have been working on a number of oil paintings to send back to the US and here are a couple.

Autumn Cottonwoods 12 x 12 Oil/Panel
Distant Spire 10 x 12 Oil/Linen

I have been thinking about my blog and have been wondering if there is anything else that I can post that might be of interest to you all.  I would welcome suggestions so please don't hesitate to send me a message!  That's it for now.  I have to go for my morning run!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynne,
It would be interesting to see how you go about painting your landscapes -- maybe you could post
one in steps as you paint it?

Anonymous said...

I have another question....do you plan to give more workshops when you return to
New Mexico? And when do you plan to return (if ever)?

Lynne E. Windsor said...

Hello mysterious person... thank you for your suggestion. I can happily post a step by step account of a painting and will do that next time I begin a new one. Sometimes they go more smoothly than others and I can be seen to completely rearrange a painting midway! I will at some point also arrange a work in New Mexico but not sure when. I am trying to arrange one for the UK next year as this is what I love to paint the most and have spent the last week travelling around the south west looking for good spots to paint. would you be interested in a UK workshop or is that too far to come?