Thursday, October 11, 2012

Back to school..

Well, I have been back at University now for three weeks and as usual trying to figure out in which direction my printmaking will go.  I have been looking at insects and seedheads again, but finding  it hard to let go of the landscapes, especially after spending last weekend at the beach!  I spent most of the time painting and sketching on the beach, except of course for a little paddle with my friend Melanie.  I also went into a school last week, The Thomas Clarkson Academy, to give a little talk about my work and to assist the students.  Here is a link to their website and a little piece about my visit.  It was a good day and I thoroughly enjoyed working with the class. 



All the above, sketches executed at the Botanics Cambridge.
A dry point created on the beach this weekend, of course I forgot about the fact that when printed it is in reverse! 

Fen Mist - 5 x 7 oil/wood

Walberswick, Suffolk

4 comments:

Katherine Kean said...

Beautiful images and work, as always Lynne!

Lucky students to get a demo - I bet you wowed them.

Lynne E. Windsor said...

Thanks Katherine, it was definitely enlightening. A good bunch of kids! Please come over next year.. I have found so many great places to take you to paint! x

Katherine Kean said...

I can see that you have! I look forward to it!!

Lynne E. Windsor said...

Good!!