Thursday, July 25, 2013

Half way through..

I can't quite believe how quickly the time is flying by.  It has been so good to catch up with old friends, but mainly I have been working really hard.  It would be rather nice to have a holiday at some point!

Last Saturday, Barry and I did get to meet up with our old friends and neighbours,  Rick and Lori Faye Bock, from our Abiquiu days.  We had breakfast and then went to the Santa Fe Farmers Market.  It's been a long time since I had been and it has moved into the new(ish) Railyard area.  Then we visited LewAllen Contemporary, which has opened a new space in this same area.  Of course, this may have happened a while ago, but it's new to me.  What a great new space it is and there was a wonderful exhibition of Nathan Oliveira, (1928-2010), Woody Gywn, Forrest Moses and John Fincher.  What a treat!  I fell in love with Nathan Oliviera's mask sculptures.
Nathan Oliviera - Bronze Masks





I have been experimenting, abstracting images of the waters at Wicken Fen.  In the past I have produced a fair amount of smaller abstract oil pastel paintings of water, but it's time to play with the paint and go big... I am getting there!

Here are a few.  Let me know what you think!

Water Music ii 8 x 16 Oil/Linen

Water Music i  8 x 16 Oil/Linen
Water Music iii 14 x 14 x 2 Oil/Wood Panel
Below are some of my more traditional landscapes which I have also been busy with .. in between working in the garden, which seems to entail endless massacres of squash bugs.  Sorry, but they killed one of our beautiful plants, so they have to go.  Soapy water does the trick.

Fens ii 12 x 12 Oil/Linen Panel
Summer Fields 12 x 12 Oil/Panel
Fen Dusk 10 x 12 Oil/Linen

And to top it off, here are some photos from our garden. I just love these Mexican hats and the beautiful blue of the
flax.  Bye Bye for now.


No comments: