Monday, July 18, 2011

After Fish and Chips!




After a weekend of torrential rain it finally stopped, so Barry and I decided to go out and paint, but it was late and we hadn't had supper, so we stopped by the local chippy and grabbed some fish and chips (naughty!) and ate them as we drove towards the Tweed River Valley. It was still pretty stormy out there and I had a notion to do some clouds. As I was driving I had spotted a really pretty cloud and was focused on this, but, as clouds do, it changed really fast, so this is as far as I got. It started to rain anyway! It's amazing how light it still is up here until 9.30 pm. Barry brought over four of these Ampersand boxes, so I think I will do a series of clouds. Needless to say, it's lovely lovely lovely having Barry here with me.

3 comments:

Deborah Paris said...

Sounds like you two are having fun despite the rain!

Rozanne Hubbard said...

I'm noticing your jacket, Lynne, and wondering...if it's chilly there now, what will it be like in September during your workshop? It is so terribly hot in the States right now, some cool weather sounds wonderful. I'm glad you and Barry are having some fun!

Lynne E. Windsor said...

You will definitely need a warm jacket Rozanne. It's impossible to tell really, and annoying because you have to pack for every eventuality! Fingers crossed we have an indian summer, that would be perfect and often happens up here. I can assure you though it won't be as hot as it is where you are! I did have to buy some summer clothes when I was down in London it was so hot, and it has been hot up here, but not that hot!