Monday, January 27, 2014

Catching up!

It's almost the end of January!  I can't believe it.  I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!   

After spending Christmas with my Dad and Aunt, I drove down to Gloucestershire to spend a lovely creative New Year with my friend Annie.  I think I have mentioned before that she has a charming dog called Eddie.  It's always good to go on long walks with him and Norman, Eddie's little friend, who is equally charming, if somewhat mischievous.  Not that you would think so looking at his photo!
Eddie
Norman
In December I had volunteered to help some young school children, who attend a Saturday morning art club.  They were coming into the Anglia Ruskin University printroom to do some relief printing.  They inspired me so much with their wonderful images, I thought... hmmm, I think I will have to have another go at this.  Whilst I am by no means an expert, I have had so much fun and below are some of my attempts, cut up and collaged to make some cards.  



Of course, I did a little painting too.  I do find that doing the printmaking has really loosened up my painting.  I think the two definitely feed each other.  Does anyone else experience this?

Near Annie's ii 6  x 6 " Oil/Panel
Near Annie's i 5 x 7" Oil/Panel







Finally,  last but not least, today we hung our latest Printmaking exhibit.  Some alumni and final year MA Printmakers are having an exhibition in Cambridge.   It opens tomorrow, with a Private View on Wednesday, 29th January, 2014, 6 - 9.  Details are below.  Please come along if you can.  We would love to see you there.



No comments: