Thursday, September 17, 2015

Drawings - Royal West of England Academy Annual Open Exhibition.

I have just arrived home having delivered my two drawings, Pond Petals ii and iii which I am thrilled to say, got through to the second round of the Royal West of England Academy Annual Open exhibition.  I posted them earlier in the summer because I created them for my show at the Open Eye Gallery.  Fingers crossed I get through to the next round and obviously I am hoping my pieces will be hung and sold!

I had to deliver them to Birmingham where there was a man with a lorry waiting to collect all the submissions.  It's quite scary handing over your work when you have spent hours and hours creating it and spent no small amount on the framing. 

I had never driven in Birmingham before and it's a little like driving in a very mini Dallas or LA.  Cities are always confusing when you don't have a clue where you are going and I had to do a few U-turns as I searched for the appropriate exit!!  Thank goodness for my trusty iPhone.  Without it I would probably have ended up in Fishguard (Wales), which actually would have been rather nice.  

Here are my drawings and a couple of photos taken on my return, through the lovely Leicestershire countryside. 

Pond Petals ii - Graphite 15 x 25 cm
Pond Petals ii - Graphite 15 x 25 cm




Did I show you my painting of Eddie...?   I don't think so.  As you know I look after him from time to time and Barry and I like to take him to the beach.  He is so handsome.  When I get my own dog, I shall do some more I think.  It's good to do something different from time to time.  Bye for now.




2 comments:

ChrisG said...

Beautiful as usual. Always inspiring.

Lynne E. Windsor said...

Thank you Chris. Really appreciate your comment.